Monday 11 November 2013

REVIEW: L'Oreal Age Perfect Cell Renewal

I'm rather flexible with my skincare - apart from my Lancôme Visionnaire (which I am never EVER without), I often change my cleansers, toners, day serums and moisturisers, depending on where my skin is at, the season, or simply if a new range is introduced into the market and I want to give it a shot. I'm fortunate that I don't have to deal with breakouts, my blackheads are reasonably under control, my pore congestion comes and goes (boo!), and my wrinkles, well, they're a part of the ageing process, and I gave up unduly stressing about them at around age 48. 

While I've tried some frighteningly expensive brands of skincare, I've not found anything that really blows my skirt up as far as performance and results are concerned, so I'm always on the lookout for something affordable that does the job just as well as the $100+ products. Enter L'Oreal Age Perfect Cell Renewal :-)


I tried this Age Perfect range (minus the cell renewal part) years ago and wasn't all that impressed, but this classy gold packaging and new formula definitely has my attention :-) It all started with the toner - I was inspired to purchase it again after seeing it nominated for a beautyheaven Best in Beauty Awards 2013 (you can read my review of it here) and I was so enamoured with it's gentleness, fragrance and freshening qualities, I went straight back and bought the whole set! My discovery coincided with a special offer in Coles, so I managed to pick up all the above products for up to $14 off each of the usual prices. Very happy Jan :-)

L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Toner RRP $13.95
While the toner & cleanser containers are plastic, the others are all made of glass. Although this is always a concern because of the potential for breakage, and they are quite heavy and would probably need to be decanted even for non-OS travelling, the look and feel is reasonably high-end and modern.  

The serum is excellent and I'm already onto my second bottle. It has a lovely fresh scent and absorbs within seconds leaving a slight golden radiance on the skin surface, and a delightful silky softness to my complexion. I'm usually wary of serums that have illuminating qualities, especially daytime ones, as they often react with my primer and ball up - happy to say that doesn't happen with this baby.

In the pic below right you can see how the cream has a gorgeous golden shimmer, and that little dollop on the lid is roughly three pumps, which is ample for my face, neck and decolletage (two will probably be enough for anyone else, I'm always generous with my serums).

L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renewal Serum RRP $49.95
I was able to sample this on my skin in the supermarket (how rare is that?) - there was a rep doing a special promotion, so I had the advantage of rubbing some onto the back of my hand, and continuing on with my shopping. The cream is very very rich, and I was concerned it wouldn't absorb completely, always a problem for the oily areas of my combination skin. But by the time I was ready for the checkout, there was nothing left on the surface except the delicious (as yet unidentifiable) fragrance, and a smoothness and softness that sent me back down the beauty products aisle to pick up a jar.

L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renewal Day Cream RRP $44.95
According to the blurb, it contains Natecium (which is supposed to encourage cellular regeneration), Pro-Calcium to strengthen the skin, and SPF 15. It's still a little early for me to tell if it's my new wonder cream, but I love the consistency, and how beautifully soft it makes my skin feel, without being greasy or compounding my shine problems. Again the blob in the above pic shows how much I use for face and neck.

This is the level after 2 months use, I reckon it will last another month
My original plan was to alternate this night moisturiser with my ritzy-ditzy expensive one (which is a little too rich to use every night), but I've actually been using this exclusively for several months, and am delighted with the results.With the same fresh fragrance and colour as the day product, the night cream is slightly thicker, and has a more waxy consistency. The box indicates this contains the same ingredients as the day cream, but obviously no SPF. As well as the intense hydration it pumps into my skin to get me through the night, there's no excess oil or greasiness the next morning.

L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renewal Night Cream RRP $44.95
All up, I'm loving this range - specifically targeted for 50-70 year olds (not sure what I'm supposed to do when I turn 71 but I guess I'll find out lol), in my opinion it is high quality high performance for a reasonable price, and a bargain if you can find it on special. So far it hasn't clogged my pores, and it seems to give my drier patches the moisture boost they need without adding to the oil production in my T-zone. I haven't tried the Cleansing Milk as I've moved onto foaming cleansers, but I do so hope they bring out an eye cream as a companion :-)

What do you think of L'Oreal skin care? Have you found an affordable range that you're happy with?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

9 comments:

  1. Ooh I have been eyeing this range! My skin is dry/combination and it's tough to find a balance, most creams are either too oily or not hydrating enough. I will be stalking the shelves for a sale :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can thoroughly recommend it Krissy - I just adore my Lancôme Absolue, but it's a bit too potent to use every night and has a tendency to clog my pores, but this range doesn't give me any trouble in that regard :-)

      Delete
  2. I am a bit ahead of you here kats........I received a sample of the day one from our chemist and I was hooked and now have been using it for quite a while now.....am on my 4th container. Once I liked the day cream I then started on the Serum and hey, that works wonders. You've just made me love it even more though by doing this blog on it. I've not tried the night one though, as I really like an Inoxa night cream I use.
    Had to laugh at what you will be using at age 71 lol. I get mine at Coles...every now and then they have good sales on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh goody Mandy, delighted this range is working so well for you. I've had SO many new creams to try thanks to various prizes and gifts, so I haven't repurchased either of these as yet, but the serum is my faithful standby xxx

      Delete
  3. Nobody has mentioned whether it has worked on fine lines, wrinkles, or spots, discoloration, firming. ? Are there parabens in it? How expensive is it? Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie - prices are in my article, and sadly I didn't notice any change in my skin other than improved hydration levels and softness ♡

      Delete
  4. Hi, I got a free sample in Chatelaine and loved it. I just bought the set today and can't wait to start using it. There are no parabens in it based on the ingredients list on the box. I paid $29 each Canadian at Target so I guess thats not a bad price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great, and I'd say you got a pretty good deal with the price xxx

      Delete
  5. is there any age range for using this cream??? i am 24....shoukd i use this cream???

    ReplyDelete