Friday 15 November 2013

EOTD: ASAP Grey...

Recently I had the good fortune of winning an ASAP Pure Mineral Make-up set from a beautyheaven comp, and included in the kit was a very pretty dove grey Mineral Eye Colour. Initially I was a wee bit disappointed by it's performance on bare skin (very sheer), but was determined to make it work, and here it is in all it's glory! I used a thin layer of MNY Color Tattoo in Audacious Asphalt as a base, and that's all it needed to show just how silvery soft and gorgeous it is :-


Such a delicate grey with a teeny bit of sparkle, lasted all day as well. I have so few greys in my collection, but who cares when I have this little number, number 8 actually!





To create this look I used the following items:

bhcosmetics black liquid liner
MNY Color Tattoo in Audacious Asphalt all over the top lid
White from the SAVVY Smoky Palette along the top lashline
ASAP Pure Mineral Eye Colour #8 over the rest & underneath
Black from the bhcosmetics Take Me To Brazil palette in the crease
MNY Master Precise Liquid Liner on the lower lashline
bhcosmetics Waterproof Eyeliner in Huntress on the waterline
MUA matte beige on the hood
MNY The Falsies waterproof mascara


I've always thought of grey eye shadow as a bit dreary, and certainly not anything I could get excited about, but this one shadow has singlehandedly changed my opinion - it's strikes me as being both mysterious and elegant, and I still can't get over the fact that I can load up my brush, pat it onto the base, and there is NO fallout.


How do you feel about grey eye shadow? Is it a hue you wear often, rarely, or not at all?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. I rarely wear a grey shadow, Kat. But, this totally stunning look of yours makes me want to search through my stash for these shades! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol scent, I bet you have a ton of them in your collection, and knowing you, you'll come up with some gorgeous combinations :-)

      Delete
  2. Kats, the grey is so beautiful, very subtle and very sophisticated look.. It's a bit different from your usual vibrant looks, but this one really is lovely. I was so happy to hear you won this lovely prize and I was looking forward to reading your reviews on all the ASAP makeup products. Claire88 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Claire, thanks a bunch for your good wishes hon - yes this is a far more subdued look for me, but I'm loving it too, and will definitely be playing around with this shadow some more. I reckon it will lend itself beautifully to pairing with some bright pops of colour :-)

      Delete
  3. Another beautiful look Kats! I love the Maybelline Color Tattoos as bases, also wearing them on their own. I really like the metallic finish on the eyelid with the warm green on the bottom lash line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you T&T - regrettably I can't wear the tattoos on their own because I find they transfer to my bulgy hoods, but with a little powder pressed over the top, they last the day. I reckon they're the best substitute for a primer though - they contribute so much more depth to the whole look :-)

      Delete
  4. What a funny coincidence as I have been attracted to grey shadow recently and had thought I should purchase the colour tattoo which you have used as a base! It really looks splendid and I will have to try and copy this once I have the right products. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roxy hon, always delighted to hear we're on the same wavelength! The grey tattoo is a highly recommended investment - I use it at least once a week, as well as the bronze one & the red pomegranate punk. They really add some oomph to whatever I apply over the top :-)

      Delete