Monday 10 August 2015

EOTD: Mermaid Teal...

I'm sure any eye makeup fanatic gets excited when they score a new palette - I certainly do, but I'm also thrilled when I rediscover an old love, and then combine it with some new treasures, and this is precisely what happened today   I had a major hankering for a mermaidesque theme, having been inspired by my most recent (weekend) purchase, Australis Cray for Colour Eyeshadow Stick  in the shade Fields of Dreams...


It's a stunning wind up chubby pencil in a shimmery oceanic blue-green, and when I swatched it on the back of my hand, I had to use my most powerful waterproof eye makeup remover to take it off - score! So I used this as my base, and then dug through my drawers for something to lay down over the top, something that wouldn't smother its heavenly gleam, but rather enhance the whole effect. Voila! Revlon Diamond Lust in Neptune Star, the most fabulous glimmery sparkly powder that I've sadly hit pan on (in the middle) because I've had it for so long...


Well this was an inspired pairing if I do say so my self ♥ Neither of them overpowered the other - instead they worked together to bring out their best. I then added a sweep of MUA Cosmetics Platinum on the inner corner, Sleek Orbit in the crease and underneath, and lined the waterline with Chi Chi Cosmetics Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Caribbean Queen...


I just adore teal - it's one of my all time favourite hues for eyes, hard to beat, and always makes me think of Summers by the Sea...


Have you rediscovered a new makeup love recently?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

12 comments:

  1. Oooooh love it, what a stunning mesmerizing teal this is! <3 Someone said I look like a mermaid in today's blog post, maybe next time I should copy your look to match the hair, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa - thanks for stopping by. Gosh you have such beautiful hair, definitely mermaid material! Best wishes for your big day ♥

      Delete
  2. It's no wonder you like teal! It looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you TP, you always say the loveliest things hon, thank you ♥

      Delete
  3. Looks fabulous Kats. Gorgeous colour and suits you beautifully. Teal really is one of my favourite colours - along with purple, green and so on.....
    Love,
    Trish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely treat to see your name Trish - thanks so much my darling ♥ Ha ha, it's hard to nominate a favourite hue when there are so many beautiful ones hey - I love them all! Love and hugs to you ♥♥♥

      Delete
  4. So bright and fantastic! This reminds me that I have a Revlon Diamond Lust shadow hidden somewhere but its in the silver shade - wish I'd seen this one though. I love, love green on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only discovered them in a bargain bin Kimmy - would have bought the whole range if I'd known. I also have the pink one - they're so pretty and sparkly hey ♡

      Delete
  5. Stunning intensity. I've been trying to buy Australian more often, I love Australis but I haven't tried their Crays. When I can't get a tester off my hand, that's when I know I'm on to something good too. I love long-lasting products. I'm going to check out Crays. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I reckon I might pick up the other ones in the range, 5 altogether I think, or at least that's all my local store had. I'm a nutter for anything that goes the extra mile too xxx

      Delete
  6. Cansarnit!! It looks like my comment didnt load!! O seem to be having this problem a lot!! You look gorgeous, honestly, your eyes can 'wear' any colour!! I think I have one of those cray for coloyr crayons! Ill have to get it out! They do Cray for Colour lip crayons too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya darling! So sad you've been having troubles posting hon - it happens to me too from time to time, mainly on my phone, so annoying. I didn't spot the lip crayons - bless you sweetie, you always let me know what I've missed ♥

      Delete