Sunday 30 August 2015

SPOTLIGHT: Mirenesse Liquid Silk Foundation...

I have to hand it to Mirenesse - they do make beautiful foundations Looking back over the many many years I've been wearing a tinted face-base, my favourite of all the brands I've ever tried would without a doubt be their Velvet Maxi-Lift. When I bought it last it was around $90(!), but with the new VIP deal I can pick it up for $44.75, which makes it affordable - hooray!. This Liquid Silk variety is a close second, not quite the same immaculate finish and coverage, but then it is considerably cheaper at $29.75 (VIP price)...



All Mirenesse foundations come in four shades - Vanilla (lightest), Vienna (my PERFECT match), Mocha and Bronze. Out of my list, colour is probably my most important criteria when choosing a foundation - I can work around coverage and finish, but if the shade is wrong, forget it. I have fair skin, but I also have golden brown freckles scattered all over - if I match a foundation to the lightest part of my complexion, I look dreadful, like a ghost. On the other hand if I match it to my freckles, I look like Malibu Barbie! So the trick is to find something in between, something that blends the two extremes together...

In the before photo on the left, you can see what I'm talking about - lots of pigmented patches that when I was younger everyone said were "cute", but now that I'm almost a senior citizen, they're more commonly referred to as age spots :-( But as you can see, this foundation does a wonderful job of disguising the discolourations, while maintaining a natural look and finish. For this pic I applied the foundation with my fingers, without a primer, and no setting product...


The container is made of light but sturdy plastic that has the look and feel of glass, and the cap and base have a cross-hatch pattern, which makes for quite a glamorous presentation. The pump works well and the amount dispensed is easily adjustable with different finger pressures. The label states it is matte, oil-free, and with SPF 15, and on my skin, the finish is semi-matte. Coverage is medium, it lasts well, doesn't crease or cake, there's minimal transfer and barely any fragrance...


In summary, it's a lovely, lightweight foundation that looks fresh and natural. I always use a primer underneath any foundation and set it with a translucent powder - following this process, I find Mirenesse Liquid Silk requires very little in the way of touch-ups throughout the day, just a wee bit of shine on my oily T-zone around midday, but that's all sorted with a dusting of mattifying powder...
Nice one Mirenesse, although I probably won't repurchase it now that the new VIP price structure is in place - I'd rather spend a bit more on my fave, the magnificent Velvet Maxi-Lift Supreme 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. Whatever you do don't miss Ingrid's Monday Makeup Madness Linkup Party - starts at 6:30am every Monday morning 

12 comments:

  1. Great review, hun. I've been meaning to try more Mirenesse foundations, but I'm no longer a VIP, and I find them so overpriced. It's a shame, because they do have some nice products xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right with you there Indie - VIP is the ONLY way to go with Mirenesse, it's actually a much better deal now, but I certainly wouldn't be buying anything if I wasn't getting the 50% discount ♥

      Delete
  2. I got into mirenesse products because of your reviews!! So far I've got their glosses and one of their liquid liners.. I am quite keen to try their base products after I clear up my stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Lily, really hon? Their glosses are pretty darn good hey - are you a VIP member? I've just ordered the Velvet Maxi-Lift foundation - I'll do a review on it as soon as it arrives. Hope the formula is the same as the one I had, it was brilliant ♥

      Delete
  3. I like your rating system. It summarises your review beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Ingrid - I'll be doing one for all the foundations I review over the next few months, it helps me too so I know what to repurchase ♥

      Delete
  4. I think my Mum uses this!! She raves about Mirenesse foundation, Im going to give them a try once Ive finished up a few Im still in the middle of!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all great hon, some are greater of course he he - after this refresh (and the Mirenesse fave I've just ordered) I won't have to buy any for 2 years! xxx

      Delete
  5. Great in depth review! Your rating system is great! I do like Mireness products but I find them to be way too costly for myself! I'd rather go into Mecca for some high-end purchases. Great review none the less though!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah - I agree entirely they are way WAY overpriced, I'm happy to be a member though so everything is affordable at last. One day I'm hoping to get to Sydney so I can check out Sephora etc sigh ♡

      Delete
  6. Your skin always looks amazing when you're wearing Mirenesse in the EOTD posts. I think it's the Velvet Maxi-Lift that I usually notice. I used to be a VIP, but I got so many emails from them I unsubscribed. I'm not keen to part with a buck, that's for sure. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey neurotic - I think it's the compact foundation you've spotted in the photos, it does have a gorgeous finish but sadly it doesn't last. My Velvet Maxi-Lift ran out months ago, but I'll be cracking open my new bottle soon xxx

      Delete