Sunday 30 August 2015

EOTD: Give Them Nightmares Brown and Purple...

Second last dark and broody EOTD of the season, and if I want dark and broody, there is only one go-to palette in my kit - Makeup Revolution Give Them Nightmares, one of my greatest finds this season. Buttery shimmers, creamy semis and velvety mattes - all in the one palette and all shades designed to complement each other ...


I used Who's There? (top left) on the inner two thirds, and Lawless (middle left) on the remainder. Who's There? has more red in it than my camera picks up, but I also pulled it back a notch from that more vibrant end of the spectrum by laying it down over a base of Chi Chi Lo Cal Chocolate Waterproof Gel Eye Liner...


That same liner went on the waterline as well - I'm a bit mad at Chi Chi for releasing such a brilliant set of liners for a crazy low price, and then taking them off the market! These last the longest on my watery eyes than any other liner in my collection, and once they're down to an unsharpenable stub, I'll be back where I started - on a hunt for a long lasting waterproof gel crayons in a wide range of colours. Come on Chi Chi, these are winners - how about bringing them back hey? Just putting it out there...


For some additional definition, I added a swipe of Boo in the crease - this is the main area I use these mattes.They really do help give my eyes the illusion of more depth, and I find the shimmery bits are less likely to transfer to my hoods if I apply a strip of matte shadow along the upper edge...


One more day left of Winter, and one more EOTD to upload for the month - I'll be back with you tomorrow night 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

8 comments:

  1. Interesting and effective combination - would love to see the whole face with this eye look. Enjoy SPRING!!!!! Love, Trish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boo Trish - this was one day when I didn't have time to take a face pic! There's one with tonight's posting though. Happy Spring to you too hon! ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. Seriously, you just keep impressing me with your gorgeous creations. This eye look is so velvety and rich. Beautiful job, hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling Indie - thank you sweetie ♥ I'll miss all these deeper hues, but hey, I'm ready for some brights too xxx

      Delete
  3. This look totally makes me think of Spring! Soft and gorgeous - definitely indicative of what's around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey TP - well I'm chuffed if it conjures up our beloved next season for you hon. I can't wait for the longer days, and I have a few palettes I've been stashing away for this time of year ♥x♥

      Delete
  4. This has such a gorgeous velvety look. I love these purples & plums. This is such a beautiful, dark & moody palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie - mmmm yes this is a seriously wintery palette with some fab hues, and the good thing is I haven't event tried all the pans yet so I still have some discoveries to make next season ♥

      Delete