Friday 28 August 2015

EOTD: bhcosmetics Take Me To Brazil Greens...

Sneaking in another EOTD before August flies out the window - not that I mind because it's been one of the most hectic months in my working life, and I'll be glad to say farewell to a whole heap of stress and pressure, and gidday to what I hope will be a far calmer (and more blogpost-friendly) September 


This particular day turned out to be crazy as all get-out, and my serene green colour scheme worked overtime to keep me from losing the plot. Thank goodness for bhcosmetics and their Take Me To Brazil Palette!

I must have had an intuition about how challenging the day was going to be because I employed all my tricks to create this intensely emerald look, starting with a base of Face of Australia Budgeproof Eyeshadow in Poison Ivy - it's a luscious cream that shadows adhere to exceptionally well. Over that went a blend of the two greens above, with the matte black along the lower lashline, and in the crease. My waterline thankfully stayed well coated for most of the day with Chi Chi Black is Black Waterproof Gel Eyeliner...


On my visage was Mirenesse Liquid Silk Foundation, cheeks were the middle pan from the BYS Coral Me In Blush Trio, and lips were the stunning Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Smokey Quartz (this pic was taken before the you-know-what hit the fan ha ha)...



I literally fell into bed that night, but not before religiously removing all my slap - I was so tired I can't even remember doing it, but fortunately my automatic pilot was still functioning I managed to get the office chaos sorted out late in the evening, and the day wasn't a complete write-off as I came home to find a delivery of cosmetic goodies on the doorstep, which was an instant pick-me-up - sigh...what would I do without colour and makeup 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I bought rose quartz after seeing your swatches!! I know September will be fuss free for you!! Hold tight!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much doll - I'll hold ♥ Spring always gives me a boost, it's those longer hours of daylight that make all the difference to my energy levels. PLEASE swatch Rose Quartz soon ♥

      Delete
  2. The green is gorgeous! Perfect for spring. Here's to a kinder September for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mskyliem thank you for your lovely comment and sweetheart wishes - let's hope it's a beaut one for all of us hey ♥

      Delete
  3. Ohh this is a gorgeous green on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey they beautiful lady - I tend to wear olive, forest or limey greens in winter, but this vibrant emerald is my fave to welcome in Spring ♥

      Delete
  4. I can never expect anything short of amazing from you Kats! This green look is stunning, I don't think I could pull it off but you do it so amazingly well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique my dear, thank you so much - we all have our specialties hey, I know yours is winged eyeliner. Mine are always epic fails which is why you never see them ha ha, but I do keep looking at your awesome creations for inspiration ♥

      Delete
  5. Loving this smoky green look on you, beautiful lady. You look stunning, it's a shame your day was so crazy. Fingers crossed for a much smoother September xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indie treasure, thanks babe - this was a particularly challenging day, mind you they're not all like that (thank goodness!). You probably don't know this but when things start to become too much, I just look at your Instagram page and instantly feel better, bless you ♥

      Delete
  6. Kat I'm constantly in awe of your amazing skills in not only creating the most beautiful eye looks, but always managing to co-ordinate your clothes and accessories to match! Your attention to detail is just flawless and always blows me away! I look forward to opening each and every email from your blog, such an inspiration!
    (I'm also incredibly jealous of your stunning wardrobe!!)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Laura - your words are so kind and touched my heart as well as made me all glowy. I LOVE putting everything together each day, and knowing that you enjoy what I do is really something special - thank you so much hon, truly, Monday is usually a totally cr@ppy day for me, but not this one ♥♥♥

      Delete
  7. Love the green eyes - must make sure that Mandy sees this!!! and the entire wonderfully co-ordinated outfit is perfect. Hope September is stress free.
    Love, Trish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish my darling, wonderfully supportive words from you yet again - yes Miss Mandy will no doubt enjoy all this GREEN! Hope you are well dearest, and that we all have a happy and loving Spring ♥

      Delete