Friday 21 August 2015

EOTD: Chi Chi Orange & bhcosmetics Apricot & Purple...

Gee, wish I had time to blog during the week instead of churning it all out in a weekend rush Still, a Friday/Saturday/Sunday schedule is a million times better than none at all (perish the thought!), so I'm thankful I can squeeze in a few posts once I get my job out of the way. But being way WAY behind with my EOTD uploads, I'll probably have to do several in a row, so hope you don't bet bored lol...


Had a bit of an orange-fest this week. It all started with my purchase of one of the new fabulous Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquers in Citrine - the most stunningly bright orange gloss, which I'm wearing in the photo below. I'll be reviewing three of them (hopefully) tomorrow night (they're SENSATIONAL by the way!) Plus I just happened to score a silky top in the same vibrant hue last weekend, so it was only natural that I'd put them together ASAP, and do an eye look to match 

I reached for my trusty essence white kajal as my base, then patted down the brightest orange from the Chi Chi OMFG palette over the inner two thirds. On the outer corner and underneath I stroked the deepest purple from the bhcosmetics Wild At Heart palette, and then dusted the palest apricot from the same palette over the orange to give it a more silky shimmery texture to match my top. For the waterline I opted for a contrast, and realised I hadn't combined orange and purple for yonks, so on went Chi Chi Beauty School Drop Out...


My foundation was Mirenesse Airbrush Mineral Soft Focus Emulsion Pact in the shade Vienna - I'm most fortunate that this shade is a PERFECT match for my skin tone For my cheeks I started with Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Coral Sheen, and then dusted the first pan from the BYS Coral Me In palette over the top. I lined my lips with Fab Orange Maybelline COLORdrama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil, and heavily coated them with the luscious Revlon lacquer... 



Gosh I'd forgotten how much I love orange anything - such a cheerful juicy hue that helped get me through yet another challenging week Hope yours wasn't too stressful, and that your weekend is a beauty...

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! Orange is your colour😀😀😀 beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much doll - I DO love orange, especially for Spring and Summer, it's such a fun shade hey ♥

      Delete
    2. Yes!! Ive got such a beaut mba shade (I wore it in a quick mba post I did a few weeks ago) its super bright, but still pretty I think- you would love it!! You've got such gorgeous skin, every colour looks beautiful on that canvas!! Xo

      Delete
    3. Oh stop hon, you are too kind! I've just spent 10 minutes peeling the annoying plastic seals off my mba lip paints - well worth the patience though, the colours are to die for, will wear one tomorrow, the pigmentation is amazing! Please do let me know what the shadow is called - I'll be placing another order for more paints soon and if you think I'll love the orange one, then it's a sure bet ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. You can't go wrong with the Chi Chi OMFG palette, it's a fave of mine too. & that Mirenesse foundation really is perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree entirely hon - it's so darn versatile ♥ All Mirenesse foundations are great for me because the Vienna shade is a total match and I'm so grateful for that ♥

      Delete
  3. Orange is definitely your color, you look so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fatima my dear, thank you so much - it's a colour I've neglected for most of my life, I have a lot of catching up to do ♥

      Delete
  4. Gosh kats, is there any colour you can't wear. Orange looks soooooo good on you also. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy my darling friend, it's so sweet of you to say, but there's HEAPS of colours that look crappy on me lol. The trick is to find the right tone of each colour, and I'm so lucky to have found this wonderful orange ♥♥♥

      Delete