Sunday 9 August 2015

REVIEW: Chi Chi Viva La Diva Lipsticks & Chandelier Lips Gloss...

More from my recent lipstick refresh - these Chi Chi Viva La Diva Lipsticks and Chandelier Lips glosses are just so prettily packaged, it almost doesn't matter what's inside ha ha! I'm joking of course - moisture, colour, finish and longevity are the critical factors when it comes to choosing a lip product, so let's see how these ones rate on my pout...

First up I just HAD to choose this fabulous purple now didn't I? This one's called Husband Shopping, a creamy pinky violet with the texture and performance of a matte, but with a delicious sheen. Adore it I find this lasts well, not quite as hydrating as other brands in the market, but topped with a wee bit of gloss (see below), it goes the distance and keeps my lips soft and supple. Has a very very faint waxy smell, RRP $18.95...


And here's the Chandelier Lips gloss I chose to go with it - The Privileged, a fabulous berry shade with a stunning pearly and sparkly content which unfortunately my camera refuses to pick up. Such a pity as the light-play on the shimmering glassy finish is ever so pretty. One of my essential criteria for a lip gloss is it has to have a decent sized applicator, and pick up a generous amount of product - this one certainly delivers, and it's not too sticky either. It can be worn alone, but my lips are way to freckled and patchy to not have a lippy layer underneath - boo! Super-hydrating, this is well worth the $12.95 price tag...


I wanted a bright clear orange, but not a fleuro or anything too loud, and I sure found what I wanted in Burn Baby Burn - such a pretty shade with a miniscule tinge of pink in it. Similar creamy formulation, but not quite as long-lasting, and without a lipliner underneath, I spent a bit of time getting it nice and even for the photo. Actually I find this is the case with most orangey lipsticks, whatever the brand - maybe it's the dye? Anyways, I do love this hue, and suspect I'll have to replace this before the end of Summer ...


I chose Money Bags to go with the lippie, and it's the perfect complement. Stunning colour that I wish I could wear all by itself - still the two go together so well, it doesn't really matter. These glosses also have a waxy fragrance, a bit stronger than the lipsticks, but not enough to offend the scent-sensitive...


In summary, I love both these product ranges - the packaging is ultra-glam, and while I think $18.95 is a tad steep for a lipstick, Chi Chi have up-to-30%-off specials at Myer almost every month, so for $13.27, they're a great buy, and the colour range is brilliant.

Are you a Chi Chi lipstick/gloss fan?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. I highly recommend checking out the other articles listed on Ingrid's Monday Madness Link Up Party ♥

18 comments:

  1. I love how you're not afraid of colour!! I could never pull these off but you always do! Another brand that I wish we had here in Canada.. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hon - thanks so much for your lovely comment ♥ I certainly wasn't this brave when I was young - must be something to do with the confidence of old age, these days I don't give a flying fig what anyone else thinks, and the freedom that brings is pure and utter bliss ♥♥♥

      Delete
  2. Yes!!!!!! Love your pairings!!! The packaging is really pretty, they look so pretty on display!! Agree about the scent, its definitely there, it seems stronger on some colours than others...either way, both beautiful ranges! Gorgeous swatchin' as always!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey gorgeous - oh I know what you mean, I can NEVER walk past the stand without having a squizz to see if there's anything new, love how colourful and tempting everything always looks ♥

      Delete
  3. Beautiful choices Kats!! You make any lip colour look amazing! I need to pick up some of those chandelier lips asap xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique my dear, you are so kind - honestly hon I get bored so quickly I MAKE all the different shades work, some better than others of course ha ha. The Chandelier glosses are so pretty and sparkly - you'd love them for sure ♥

      Delete
  4. The packaging is so pretty. Thankfully, the product is just as good. Loving the colours you chose. The lipsticks are wonderful on their own, but the extra gloss is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks treasure - they seem to have a ton of nudes in the range, but you know me, can't resist the brights lol ♥♥♥

      Delete
  5. I love the look of the sparkley shimmery-ness of these lip glosses! Great swatches as always.

    Do you have any L'Oreal Colour Riche lipsticks among your lipstick refresh? If you do, you should enter the Beautyheaven competition on their website as your photos are always amazing! The prize is 30 lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling I'm so bummed my camera doesn't pick up the sparkle of the glosses - it's hard to describe because they're glittery, but there's no glitter bits in them! However they do it, they're very well named. And thanks for the reminder about the bh comp - 30 lipsticks? Whoa, that's my kind of comp ha ha ♥♥♥

      Delete
  6. What beautiful shades... that purple suits you perfectly! xx

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasmine my dear, you KNOW I love purple - just received an order from MBA and there's a couple of royal hued beauties in there, wait till you see them xxx

      Delete
  7. I love the pearlescence of The Privileged but I usually only wear clear glosses, if at all. I love Chi Chi's long-lasting liquid lippy. I sure wish The Privileged came in a lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too neurotic - it's a stunning shade, nothing like it in the lippie section though. This is a common problem for me which is why I mix and match so often - here's hoping ♡

      Delete
    2. If you ever seen a Blush-amour stand, they have a lipstick very close to the colour of The Privileged!

      Delete
    3. Hi Erin! Thanks for stopping by, and for the tip - I've never heard of the Blush Amour range. Do they sell through any outlet other than their website or store in Vic?

      Delete
  8. These look gorgeous and l am in love with the packaging! That pattern is very trendy right now, I have seen it in fabric a lot whilst searching around for decor inspo. :) That purple is amazing, especially, I think those bright shades look amazing on you lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty case hey Candy, and the purple is high on my list of faves - thanks for your lovely words sweetie ♡

      Delete