Sunday 2 August 2015

REVIEW: Lacura Minerals Cream Blush...

Recently Lacura has been churning out a fairly wide range of mineral makeup items that are good quality and excellent value. Like the majority of beauty product manufacturers, they've had some misses with their releases (usually the limited colour range), but they're also capable of coming up with a raging hit, and these Minerals Cream Blushes are absolute winners in my book. Yes there's only two shades available, but both of them are simply gorgeous The formula is richly moisturising and creamy, the pigmentation is brilliant, and they blend effortlessly without disturbing the foundation layer underneath. Plus they come in the cutest little pots, and they only cost $6.99!...


So this is Pink Rose, a divine hue, and the one I've been wearing the most often. I normally use cream blushes as a base, and then dust a similarly tinted powder blush over the top so that the glow lasts the whole day. But this pretty pink is long-lasting and potent enough for me to wear on it's own, and yet it can be blended to a sheer pastel if you only want a touch of colour...


And this is Soft Coral - the name is spot on, a pale brownish pink base with the merest hint of orange, making it supremely flattering for gals with warm skin tones...

The swatches below are over a BB cream base - they both have a delicate sheen with a smidgin of sparkle, which I love because they don't look flat and unnatural, but there's not enough glare to draw attention to the creases and crinkles in my mature skin...



For label lovers, here's what's on the back of the box - like all Aldi products, there's a money-back guarantee if you're not entirely satisfied...



Just LOVE them to bits! I'm wearing these now, but aren't they just the prettiest colours for Spring?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

P.S. You'll find lots more great reviews at Ingrid's Monday Madness Link Up Party ♡

22 comments:

  1. They really are the cutest little pots! I've been really enjoying cream eye shadows at the moment (Max Factor Shimmer Pots, to be precise). Creams are so quick & easy, plus they blend out seamlessly. I might have to check these out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they sweethearts neurotic? I agree creams are a breeze to work with - I have trouble with them transferring to my hoods though, but I've ordered some fixative from MBA which I'm hoping will sort out that little dilemma ♥

      Delete
  2. I adore cream blushes! I definitely want that coral one. I've been hanging out for you to review these since I saw a sneak peak of them in your last giveaway. Thanks for the nice clear swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol mayday, I have SO MANY draft blog posts stored up, I'm in a bit of a pickle working out which one to finish next with my limited time - if I could pack in my day job and blog all day I would! Glad you didn't have to wait too long though ♥

      Delete
  3. I'm going to Aldi's today to buy these!!! Sooo gorgeous!! Perfect swatches, beautiful review- I just love reading your posts!!! Have a fabulous Monday and an amazing week- as you deserve!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina honey I hope you can find them, and you aren't disappointed. I'm annoyed that these pics come out quite differently on my phone - the colours are so bold, whereas the blushes aren't nearly that vivid (whinge whinge ha ha). Thanks for your lovely wishes hon - today wasn't so bad at all, fingers crossed it stays that way - have a beaut week sweetie! ♥x♥

      Delete
  4. Great Review!
    Ill have to try and get to Aldi, I have seen a few Lacura Branded things on your blog recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hon, yes I've plenty more to share as well - Aldi are going quite mad with their releases lately, I can barely keep up with them xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh my, these blushes look so pretty! great review, hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really something special Indie - thanks for your wonderful comment darling, I SO enjoy writing up these posts, just wish I could get through more in a week ♥♥♥

      Delete
  6. I am impressed!!! I think I may need to head over to Aldi to check their range out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily it's well worth a look at least - they have these on the tables in the centre aisle, but you have to poke around a bit, but that's kinda fun xxx

      Delete
  7. These shades are gorgeous! I wish I was into cream blush but I'm a powder girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Di we all like different things hey, just as well or there'd never be anything left on the shelves! I used to wear cream blushes exclusively - now I lean more towards powders, but I always use a cream base to help them stick xxx

      Delete
  8. Oh dear, why is this so pretty! I've seriously been seeing this brand everywhere at the moment, I think I need to take a trip to Aldi haha! xx

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not exactly what I'd call glam shopping Jasmine (he he), but they do have some beaut products ♥

      Delete
  9. These blushes look gorgeous! I love the colours. Hopefully these are still in my local Aldi. One complaint I have about Aldi is the way they run their weekly specials, if you don't buy the item straight away they're gone for another 6-12 months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My complaint too hon - I've been disappointed before so now I try the items quickly and go back for more within 2 days if I love them. Fortunately I stocked up on these, but probably not enough ♡

      Delete
  10. Those cream blushes look so pretty and luxurious! They look amazingly pigmented and creamy too! I wouldn't have guessed that they're from Aldi but I guess that goes to show that you can get great products at the drugstore (Aldi) too :)

    sayyip.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yip ♡ Aldi continues to amaze me with what they bring out - not everything is brilliant but most items are proving to be raveworthy...

      Delete
  11. These look gorgeous! Wish we had an Aldi in Perth :) Congratulations again on reaching 1000 followers on IG Kat, you definitely deserve it ♥ Your pics are always so cheerful and make me smile x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand why they're not there yet lipsticksandcoffee - surely there's a market and a whole bunch of new customers just waiting to flock to their doors! Guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and wait ♥ Thanks so much for the congrats and your feedback hon - I do so love taking photos of pretty things and making them look even prettier if I can ♥♥♥

      Delete