Saturday 26 April 2014

CONFESSIONS: of a Body Washaholic (Part 2)...

Further to my ravings in Part 1, another characteristic of body washes that fuels my passion is the fact that my shower stall stays heaps cleaner for longer as there's very little soap scum build up. I still clean as regularly of course, but I find I don't have to rub and scrub nearly so hard, and the glass panels seem to stay free of that dull milky film that comes from using regular soap. And anything that reduces the effort I have to put into my household chores is a total bonus :-)


So let's get on with Part 2...

Palmolive Revitalising Peach Kernel Oil with Vitamin E Shower Gel



This delicately fragranced gel is a regular in my collection. It has the same moisturising beads suspended in the liquid as the pomegranate & mango one, as well as having the liquidy consistency. The smell is peachy but it also has a baby powderish element, just the thing when I have a hankering to envelop myself in something all soft and girly. I reckon the powdery scent component comes from the Rose Water, but all up, this is such a calming and comforting fragrance that's embracing and supportive, without being over powering. LOVE the colour too, it's just so pretty. Again this is 100% soap free, ph balanced and doesn't dry my skin in the slightest...

Palmolive Luscious Mango Body Butter


Are you a mango fan? If so you won't find a more realistic mango-scented body wash in the market. Unbelievably enriching, this thick custardy cleanser is a mangophile's dream come true. One whiff in the supermarket and I was helpless to resist. Although I generally associate fruit fragrances with summer, this is a definite staple for winter because of it's moisturising characteristics. I've written two positively glowing bh reviews of it already, here and here. Honestly this is so rich and hydrating, I don't have to use body lotion afterwards. It doesn't bubble much but rather turns into a delicious creamy lather that washes my bod clean while leaving my skin feeling satiny soft, and smelling like a mango daquiri! Possibly deserving of my all time favourite body wash tag 

St. Ives Energising Citrus Body Wash


Having exhausted the body wash varieties available in my supermarket(s), I ventured into Chemist Warehouse to see what they had on offer, and found this big fat fella. St. Ives scrubs have been high on my list of faves for many years, so what would one of their body washes be like? In a word, yummy :-) The consistency is thick and deliciously rich, and it's an inspired mix of lemon and tangerine, together with mint and eucalyptus - not your usual blend of scents for a body wash, but it totally works. Citrus is the dominant fragrance (to me it smells like grapefruit), and the lotion is the softest pastel green with a pearlised sheen. This formula contains no parabens or phthalates and it's not tested on animals. Highly recommended, and I'm going back to CH to see what other fragrances are in the range...

Dove Go Fresh Revive Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena Body Wash


Another find from Chemist Warehouse. Sure this is available in Coles & Woolworths, but not this smaller size, which as you know, is a bonus in my already overflowing shower where space is at a premium. I'd forgotten how refreshing this particular scent combo is, and hey, Dove body washes (with nutrium) are always so concentrated, lather well and leave my skin super soft. I actually prefer the nectarine version in the range, but this pomegranate & lemon verbena fragrance makes a nice change - it always gives me a lift, but by the time I finish the bottle, I'll probably be ready for something else..

Part 3 coming soon :-) Have you tried any of these, and if so, which one is your favourite?

Take care of you,
kats xxx

12 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of body washes, so much better than bar soaps! I loved loved loved the Dove one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just great Jas? Mind you there's some lovely soaps around these days, but there's no comparison with body washes in my book :-)

      Delete
  2. Deares Kat, I think you need to put a warning at the start of these posts haha now my list of body washes to try is growing rapidly :) I absolutely have to try that mango one...sounds good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woops! At least I'm enabling something that doesn't cost a lot hey Sarah? Hope you like the mango wash - it's just so delicious :-)

      Delete
  3. I love shower gels as well and have lots of different scents. At the moment Im trying really hard to use things up so that I can have more space so right at this point in time Im using one called "Dancing Waters" its one that i had sent to me from the US from bed, bath and beyond.
    I love the Lux Pomegranate one....that was amazing and i was so sad when I finished my bottle.
    I have the Palmolive Mango, also strawberry smoother, the new ones in 2 differenet scents. I have a vanilla Ice Cream scent, Orange, Orange and sandalwood, cherry blossom, and im sure there are more....oh...the mulberry and lotus flower.
    I love anything citrus based...yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just loved reading your comments Fawn - I've just checked out Dancing Waters and the blend of ingredients sounds heavenly, and the bottle is divine. I think you may have started something for me - the others in the range sound so lovely too, especially Dark Kiss. Oh no - I'll have to move house! Ha ha...

      Delete
  4. I love the collection of Body Washes that you have there, Kat !!! It's so colourful :D !!! When the Lux Body Washes first appeared on the market, my Hubby asked me what I wanted as my birthday present. We could not afford to give each other expensive gifts anymore (as when we worked) so in the end I opted for the range of new Lux Body Washes which was available at the time. He bought me all 8 fragrances in the range. It's a good thing that that a few of them were on special for around $3 each. I loved picking which fragrance to use when I was about to have my shower and of course, it was a birthday present that would last me for ages :).

    Arty Girl
    bh.artygirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea for a gift Arty, and what a darling man you have at your side.
      It's just so wonderful to have so many fragrance choices hey?

      Delete
  5. The St Ives one has caught my eye - will have to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey roxy, from memory my CW only has two other varieties in the range, but your local might have a few more - I've never seen these before :-)

      Delete
  6. Hey Kats,
    Wowee....talk about a FEW different shower gel options LOL. I totally agree though and LOVE a good shower gel (mind you I am becoming a fan of LUSH Soaps now too)......that Luscious Mango one is so yummy isn't it, a definite fav of mine. Cant wait for Part 3 now!! Im making a list of ones I "must" try next.
    Love Flaming Beauty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of Lush I think they make a couple of show gels - I must check out their website again, thanks for reminding me darling Flaming. Last time I went there I had almost $100 worth of stuff in my cart so I had to just close my browser lol. Much love to you darling ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete