Wednesday 30 April 2014

EOTD: Purple and Silver...

To blend or not to blend? It's not usually a question for me - blending is what gives a look a flowing seamlessness that in most instances I regard as essential. But then there are times when I want the contrast between shades to really stand out, in which case I still blend, but stop at a point so that some degree of distinction remains between the two, and to add a bit more drama (who me?). And that's what happened here...


If ever there was match made in heaven, it's purple and silver - I just love that they don't compete or try and outdo each other, but instead work together to create a beautifully balanced harmony :-) My base was Mirenesse Mineral Face Color Gel in Virgin Violet over most the eye, and I built up the purple MNY mini (#533) over the top. On the inner corner, I applied bhcosmetics waterproof eye crayon in Frost, and also drew this along the top lashline for some added oomph, and to help my spindly lashes stand out a bit more. Over this went Lancôme Style Section - truly the best silver in my kit, and thankfully it came in a GWP freebie palette...


The Mirenesse Virgin Violet went on the waterline as well, and the MNY purple softened my MNY Master Precise Liquid Liner on the lower lashline...


And here's the whole purple and silver look...



If you love purple but this is a bit too bold for your style, check out the fabulous tips and deliciously subtle purple eye look created by the beautiful Gemma from Lady Sapphire Blog ♥ And if you're wondering what the matching mani looks like, here it is courtesy of that same super talented gal 

Take care of you,
kats xxx

10 comments:

  1. My Kats,
    You have used two of my favourite colours here. You're absolutely right....purple and silver are perfect for each other! Your creation is wonderful and I love how you have used that pretty purple as the main star and then the silver comes in to highlight and make the purple pounce even more. Gosh I love it!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing my purple eye too Kats. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh P.S Kats. I love that scarf!! Too cute :D

      Delete
    2. Sweetie we're just a couple of hopeless purple lovers aren't we? I'm so glad I'm sharing this passion with you my darling ♡

      Delete
    3. Sweetie we're just a couple of hopeless purple lovers aren't we? I'm so glad I'm sharing this passion with you my darling ♡

      Delete
  2. how pretty Kats, love a great purple and silver eye look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much mich, I'm loving the purple pigments you're mixing up, and thrilled you're getting back into the alchemy ♡

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful combination silver and purple makes!
    I love that you didn't blend too much kats - the slight distinction between the two shades just looks so elegant and pretty!
    And I do love that scarf too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling Tulip, thanks for your sweet comments hon - I almost didn't post this because of the limited amount of blending, but I'm so glad I did now, and especially knowing that YOU like it, well that means a lot to me ♡

      Delete
  4. Petal from BH6 May 2014 at 22:26

    I'm also a hopeless purple lover. Purple looks divine with silver, gold or with anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might have to start up a little purple-ophile club Petal ha ha - purple is the new black (well for us anyway lol)...

      Delete